Sunday, November 6, 2011

messing with the murder.

I spent a couple of weeks working on the benches. They are essentially done- just waiting for their final color of 'patriot blue' (ironic). With the cold snap on us (aka- winter), I can't spray paint them until we get a sunny afternoon so it's back to photo and crows. I'm trying to document the crows, possibly cut them up and mess with them. I think I would like to burn them and bring the ashes somehow into the piece.
 I am trying to articulate a more focused theme by using the work to explore/create a personal prescription (a ritual, rite..... convention...) in an effort to breach the gap that has come with the sequestration of death in our society- a consequence of which is the loss of public recognition of personal mourning.
Heavy.






No comments:

Post a Comment